Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Afternoon Thought

I didn't have an email account or really use the web that much until the middle of my undergraduate studies in college. Computers in schools were a BIG deal when I was in high school. It was virtually unheard of to have a PC in schools during my parents' tenure. Thinking about how much statewide, national, and global communication we now have, it makes it much easier to access, gather, research, and share data with millions of people in virtual seconds. In some respect it makes it much easier to find answers to questions, but it also makes a lot of the information that we find incredibly unreliable. (You all know how much I despise that w***pedia site.) It leads me to two questions:

1. Has the development of technology and means of global communication placed more of a spotlight on teaching tolerance?

and

2. What do you think tolerance education is like in other countries? For instance, how do you think the unit that we are finishing is perceived in Germany, Africa, Central America, etc.?

No comments: